We are a Christ-centered and community funded 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves a housing program for the children of single fathers ages 18-21*.
Our families participate in a Stand-by guardianship program through Harden’s Home, which allows us to have temporary guardianship of children due to incarceration, mental health issues and or domestic violence for four months or the equivalent of 129 days from the day of intake.
We provide a safe space and home for children to lessen the stressors of the transition of the child. Our family model program is geared towards allowing fathers to continue to connect and establish a bond with their child before, during and after experiencing traumatic events.
Per the Georgia Law, Universal Citation: GA Code § 29-2-11 (2018): Stand-by Guardianship can be for 120 days from the date of intake for incarceration or mental health issues in which the parent cannot care for the well-being of a child.
We offer a 9- day program to help the children transition back to their fathers and household which equates to a total of 129 days.
“And these three things remain: faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love.”
1 Corinthians 13:13
We believe these values will contribute to creating the foundation as sons and daughters in Christ: Faith, Hope, Love, Trust and Forgiveness.
1. Create an environment that provides a sense of belonging for children and their families.
2. Create a safe space for children and their families to transition from traumatic experiences and stressors.
3. Allow a safe space to engage and educate families on ways to create or re-create a relationship with Christ.
4. Provide opportunities that will contribute to the growth of families and as individuals through acts of service.
5. Encourage families to embrace God as the foundation in all that we do from parenting to professional life.